Our wonderful judges had a very hard time choosing but the winners & runners-up of our short story competition are:
13-17 year olds
1. "The Act of Asking" Brigit Kelly
2. "The Brave Little Kiwi" Georgie Lovell
3. "A Short Story" Georgie Lovell & Millie Purcell
10-12 year olds
1. "On the Run" Misha Wakuluk
2. "Cara" Olivia Priddy
3. "The Sight of the Sea" Ruby Judson
7-9 year olds
1. "A Handful of Daisies" Rose Judson
2. "Twins" Milly Oxley
3. "The Rhino's Bath" Janek Wakuluk
We added an extra prize for Room 9 at Stanley Bay School, who all wrote amazing stories that came in a bit late (through no fault of the kids!). The winner from Room 9 is
"The Monkey Crossing" Skye Mcrae
Congratulations to all the winners, and a huge thank you to our wonderful judges, Sue Orr, Hannah Tunnicliffe and Lotte Wothersoon.
And a big thank you to ALL the young writers who entered - we loved reading all your fabulous stories.
The stories by the winners and runners-up are now available to read using the tabs above - enjoy!